Glebedale School is an Ofsted rated “Good” School
Hillcrest Glebedale School is an Ofsted rated “Good” School
Headlines from Ofsted report July 2018:
- Leaders make sure that pupils’ views are considered in the day-to-day running of the school. As a result, pupils feel that they are valued and they treat adults with respect.
- Pastoral care and support is exceptionally strong. As a result, pupils with a variety of serious emotional and mental health difficulties make outstanding progress in their personal development.
- The headteacher leads a cohesive teaching, learning and pastoral care team. All staff have high expectations of pupils and strive to help them achieve their very best.
- There is a strong culture of safeguarding across the school. Pupils feel safe at all times. This feeling of security helps pupils to settle and to engage in learning.
- The whole staff team demonstrates the school’s ethos of care. They have created a communicative and friendly environment based on trust, respect and mutual understanding.
- Leaders ensure that staff have consistently high expectations of pupils and strive to ensure that pupils achieve as highly as possible.
- Staff provide pupils with highly effective and individualised support to help them manage their own behaviours. Teaching is also carefully planned to meet pupils’ interests. This helps pupils to improve their behaviour considerably and attend school more regularly.