Primary Learning Support Assistant
At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing the things you love!
How would you like to work 4 days but be paid for 5?*
Are you a Primary Learning Support Assistant looking to develop your career?
Salary: Up to £19,000 per annum (not pro rata)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent Position; Term time only hours!
Glebedale School is a DfE registered independent school for boys and girls with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and other complex learning needs aged 7 – 19 years old.
Based in Stoke-on-Trent and rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, the school is proud to provide a safe, stimulating, and nurturing environment, alongside a curriculum designed specifically to promote effective learning skills and encourage the personal growth and development of all pupils to ensure that they reach their full potential.
We are within commutable distance of Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford, Keele and surrounding areas.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each pupil’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable, and understanding.
As a Primary Learning Support Assistant, your main role is to provide support for pupils with special educational needs. The LSA will ensure that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other pupils in the class and make progress.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist the pupils’ individual learning and social needs.
Who we are looking for
- Have experience of working with pupils with special educational needs in a primary school setting
- Have GCSE, ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of pupils.
- Have an interest in how pupils learn and behave.
- Provide appropriate role models of behaviour both in the classroom and around school
- Really care about pupils, particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
- Carry out tasks and responsibilities under the direction of the SENCo, Class Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher or Head Teacher.
- Be productive and show initiative.
- Motivate pupils to learn.
- Motivate pupils to be sociable.
- Assist with the organisation of the learning environment.
- Maintain accurate records of the pupils.
- Work effectively with other adults in the school and wider community.
- Have patience with pupils who find conforming to rules and expectations difficult.
- Have patience and be flexible and innovative with a clear understanding of how pupils might behave who find learning new concepts and remembering taught concepts difficult.
- Be computer literate.
Our schools are built on great teamwork and mutual support. If you enjoy working as part of a dedicated team, sharing knowledge, experience and learning, simply fill in our safeguarding-compliant application form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Why join Acorn Education and Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
#Education #Pupilcare #OutdoorActivities #School #Tutor #learning #LSA #LearningSupportAssistant
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy. We aim for all of our schools to join 4DWW by September and is currently subject to location.