Welcome to Glebedale School
Glebedale School is a DfE registered independent school for boys and girls with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and other complex learning needs aged 7-19 years old.
Based in Stoke-on-Trent and rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, the school is proud to provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment, alongside a curriculum designed specifically to promote effective learning skills and encourage the personal growth and development of all pupils to ensure that they reach their full potential.
The school is proud to offer…
- A broad, balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum which promotes educational experiences that reach beyond the classroom and supports students to develop social, communication and life skills.
- A stable and caring environment combined with high staff to student ratios, which ensure that every student has the opportunity to develop their abilities, share new experiences and be supported in realising their future potential.
- A multi-disciplinary and person-centred approach to the delivery of education which enables students, who may have previously struggled within educational settings, to engage positively in school life.
- Small class sizes for all students.
- Extensive and individualised resources allowing for a bespoke approach to education which allows us to meet the needs of all our pupils.
- Our multi-disciplinary team includes Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Clinical Psychologists and Art Therapists who work together to form personalised plans for children who need extra support.
Pastoral care and support is exceptionally strong. As a result, pupils with a variety of serious emotional and mental health difficulties make outstanding progress in their personal development. (Ofsted Report 2018)
Latest School News
Last term, Year 6 used War Horse by Michael Morpurgo as a literary focus. This enabled us to explore key…
At the beginning of this academic year, the newly elected school council members were all very passionate about helping in…
Over the last few months KS4 students at Glebedale School have been attending art club after school on a Wednesday.…
Glebedale has a specialist primary school which supports KS2 pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs and encourages them to re-discover the fun in learning & re-engage with education
At KS3, pupils access a curriculum which focuses on core subjects (Science, Maths and English) but which still provides access to a broad range of national curriculum subjects.