Situated in Stoke on Trent, Hillcrest Glebedale School provides education for boys and girls aged 7 to 19 years old who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and other complex learning needs.
Our aim is to provide all pupils with access to a safe and nurturing learning environment with a supportive and structured curriculum and a diverse range of high quality learning experiences which are relevant to the pupil and prepares them for the next stage in their life. All pupils should have access to a bespoke blend of learning which aims to support both academic and personal progression.
We want to support pupils to leave our school with the knowledge, skills, confidence, resilience and independence to care for themselves mentally and physically:
- Pupils who are able to perform confidently with their peers.
- Pupils who become capable future citizens who are able to take advantage of the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences that later life will offer.
- All in our community are entitled to equal opportunity irrespective of gender, race, religion, background or ability.
- We promote the understanding and acceptance needed in a multicultural society and we celebrate the diversity and richness of that society.
- We are committed to working in partnership with others.
- We acknowledge the right to be heard and the responsibility to listen.
- We respect the self-esteem and dignity of others.
- We value the contribution of all the members of our community.
- To work co-operatively in teams and in partnership with others in school, homes and in the community.
- To develop a partnership with carers/parents.
- To own their work within the framework of agreed shared aims and values.
- To be involved in all aspects of our pupils’ development.
- To exercise a duty of care and concern for the wellbeing and safety of all our pupils.
- To maintain the highest professional standards.